Saturday, December 12, 2009

Gettin our Blog on!


First I have to admit that I really did not know what a blog is about until last night when Priscilla brought that Julia Childs movie home. Initially I was very disappointed in the selection and rapidly became interested, primarily in the blog part, but it was actually better than it had to be(and no I am not gay).

For my friends who see this and do not know who Jon Balinkie is, he is a long time High School buddy that has a Photography Studio in Phoenix - camerawerks.net (for the curious). I told him about my desire to do this several years back and recently he has re-sparked the interest. He plans to document our progress and eventually have a camera running in the truck. First, in a few races stateside then in the Baja 1000, hopefully in 2011. This gives me about a year to get the truck together.

We are barely getting started and further/extensive research is in full swing. We have been working on shirt, hat and sticker designs. Jon has a friend in the P.H.X. that is going to help us tighten up the image, once he gets the Fiesta Bowl flyer far enough along. We want to have something to sell that is very cool that you might actually want to wear - to help fund the operation. It is crazy how many people have come out of the woodwork and offered assistance with different facets of the Tortuga.

I have decided to run a 78-79 Ford Bronco and am currently scouring the country to locate the right rig to run in the SCORE Racing - Stock Full Class which allows limited modification to the vehicle. Ironically, during my research I discovered a multi-time Class 3 winner, Moss Brothers Racing, from Sacramento running the same vintage Bronco platform (check out the pic - they rock!). I do not even know if anyone will even read my pipe dream ramblings about this, however if we can pull it all together with a little help form craigslist, ebay and a few friends like you maybe sometime we will be sitting at the lake laughing about the overpriced Ford planer box we left in Mexico only to get a few snapshots of some cacti on our walk home? I am OK with that and look forward to any comments or suggestions anyone that is still reading this might have to offer up.

Ciao from the S.C. (Sutter Creek) for now - Jason

1 comment: