
Well,I found her on Craislist on New Years Eve. While I was checking her out 3 people called about her but I quickly decided our courtship would begin, after a quick trip to a Walmart ATM. Filled the tires, gas tank checked the fluids and drove 90+ miles home without any problems. Except for a severe exhaust leak which probably cooked a few much needed brain cells. The donor has a strong 400ci (6.6 liter), C6 auto trans and is basically stock. I have been looking high and low for the right truck. One that was not too nice yet structurally sound and in running condition.
Numerous warn out parts and trim pieces have already made it to the land fill. The good folks at Zoom Automotive near the dojo are installing the Flowmaster exhaust and swaping all the vital fluids to get her road worthy for now. I have purchased New 35in BFG KM2's that will be installed next week. The BFG people give free pit support to compeditors using their tires and contribute funds to the Blue Ribbon Coallition which helps keep trails open all over the country. So, the KM2 seemed like an obvious choice. I have also submitted a sponsorship request, hopefully will get some good news - a little help couldn't hurt. I am ordering a number of suspnsion parts this week which will nearly complete the 4in lift we will run for now. Currently searching for seats, 5pt harnesses and a 32-35gal fuel cell. Then it will be roll cage time along with rewiring a number of items and adding numerous lights... The motor, trans and transfer case will all have to be dug into at some level to get a feel for what they may need in the future but for now she does not have any leaks except for a minor one at the transfer case. The nice thing about the "Sportsman & Stock Full," class is that drive train modifications are extremely limited. I also spoke with the SCORE technical team and found them to be amazingly helpful at clarifying the Class descriptions to me. I was supprised they even answered the phone? I figure the only person still reading my ramblings is my mother (Hi Mom). Sorry for the spelling/grammar mistakes (no spell check on this thing) - guess that is what you get from a State College. - J
No comments:
Post a Comment